Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. General FAQs
Q. Why should I consider using variables to author my website content?
As webmasters and entrepreneurs we often wear multiple hats and the more efficiently we can do things the better. Of course, without compromising the quality. Use of variables makes it easy to author content that you would want to reuse in multiple places or content that is subject to change (such as, when you promote site content from the development site to production). It also helps eliminate typical errors, such as, broken/obsolete links that can otherwise be difficult to manage. These are just some of the examples. When you start using C9 Variables, you may discover additional benefits.
Q. How do I get started?
Please see the documentation for details on how to get started.
Q. Do you recommend any best practices for using variables?
Yes, we do recommend and our detailed documentation has more details. But, here’s a simple list for starters. Feel free to revise based on your needs.
- Use a variable title convention so that it’s easy to organize variables. Example, all path variables end in
- Use crisp and clear titles that indicate the purpose. But, avoid very long titles that will be harder to remember or understand. E.g.,
Amazon Affiliate ID.
- Avoid duplicate looking variable titles.
- Keep variables content granularity at reasonable level. This is beneficial from both content reuse as well as performance perspective. For example, you could technically define every feature of your product as a separate variable. But, in general, it may be more meaningful to have a set of features in a variable.
Q. I bought the Pro plugin license. How do I use it?
C9 Variables Pro plugin requires a valid subscription. Please follow these steps.
- Obtain the license key by logging in as the same user on cloudnineapps.com that was used to make the purchase.
- Follow the steps mentioned in Applying the License Key.